On December 5th, 8pm Casket Cinema will present HERE COMES THE SUN, the award winning documentary on solar power by Dutch TV. This video goes in depth on the amazing progress being made across the pond in solar energy. It is an important investigation in this field with some of the architects of the movement. We will also screen a clip from the local renewable video HOW TO BUILD A STRAW BALE HOUSE. The director of STRAW BALE HOUSE, Ramy Selim will join Charlie Picard of Aladdin Solar to be present afterwards to talk with Casket Cinema co-founder Wilbur Ince. Our special post film Q&A's takes the mission in our movies to a very personal place. We believe the act of sitting down and talking about issues is part of our responsibility as citizens and a prelude to action. Signs ups for local organizations and literature on how you can activate on this issue will be present for each attendee.
This promises to be an outstanding evening.
- What: "Here Comes the Sun" plays Thursday, December 5th, at 8pm. Doors at 7:30ish.
- Cost: Donation of $5 will go to the filmmakers or supporting organizations.
- Special Guests: Director, Ramy Selim, Charlie Picard
- Where: Casket Cinema is located in the art studio of Mark Wojahn. The cinema is in the old Northwestern Casket Building, 681 17th Ave NE #145, Minneapolis, MN 55413 (612)781-5223.
- Enter the Casket, via the north side loading door. The building front door will only be open on first Thursdays. You must enter through the back entrance to attend this event.
- Please bring friends and BYOB. Admission is usually free unless noted.
Please rsvp and get more info to get to this screening at the Casket Cinema Facebook page:
The sun could easily provide the planet with sufficient energy, if only we are willing to change and to invest in harvesting that solar energy..