Thursday December 1st | doors at 7:30pm, movie at 8pm, Discussion follows
Dear Friends of Casket Cinema,
Casket Cinema gets literary with our next film, “Robert Bly: A Thousand Years of Joy”. This thoughtful and lovely documentary is a biopic of one of MN’s most loved poets. It was a crowd pleaser at the at the Minneapolis International Film Fest. The video covers a lot of ground to show us the life of Bly, from a young man breaking out as an activist poet in the 1960’s, to his days as a well known translator to his time galvanizing the men’s movement of the 80's & 90's.
Special guests for this Casket will be MN producer of the film, Dominic Howes and the artist Dougie Padilla, who knew Bly well in the men’s movement. They will talk with Casket Cinema Co-founder Mark Wojahn after the film.
Thursday, December 1st, Doors at 7:30pm, film at 8pm, discussion follows.
- Dominic Howes - MN Producer - Rikshaw Films
- Dougie Padilla - Artist, Visionary, Fabulist - Dougiepadilla.com
- Cost: Donation of $5-10 will go to pay the filmmaker.
- Please bring friends and BYOB. Admission is usually by donation unless noted.
- Dec 1st is First Thursday, so come check out all the Casket Arts artists beforehand
Please RSVP and get more info on this screening at the Casket Cinema Facebook page:
"Robert Bly: A Thousand Years of Joy" event page on Facebook
Discuss this and all our screenings on our Facebook group:
Casket Cinema on Facebook