- Doors at 7:30pm
- Movie Starts at 8:00pm
- Cost: suggested donation of $5-$20 to pay the filmmakers
- Please bring friends and BYOB. Admission is usually by donation unless noted.
Casket Cinema shifts gears and heads for the border with a tightly curated program of Experimental Ibero-American films. Curated by Josh Gardner of Cinema Lamont in Detroit, these filmmakers hail from first rate-film schools in Cuba, Argentina and Mexico. Their work has played all over the globe at; Cannes, Toronto, Ann Arbor and Havana.
The subjects within these films will open your eyes with ideas about self-reflexivity, the real and the imagined and nostalgia. These films are;
- NIGHTHOUSE [Casa de la noche] DIR Marcel Beltran
- SELVA DIR Sofía Quirós Ubeda,
- THREAD [El hilo] DIR Pablo Polanco,
- ALIENS, DIR Luis López Carrasco,
- INFANCIA INTERVENDIA, DIR Ana Villanueva
- FAMILIAR TALE [Relato familiar] DIR Sumie Garcia.
Xavier Tarvera will present one of his 16mm films, AMULETO, made locally and talk with Casket Cinema co-founder Mark Wojahn after the films.
The special guests for this Casket is Mexico City & local filmmaker Xavier Tavera. He will present one of his films made locally and talk with Casket Cinema co-founder Mark Wojahn after the films.
Please rsvp and get more info to get to this screening at the Casket Cinema Facebook page:
Memories Of Disintegration: Ibero-american Experimental Film
Find us on Facebook at:
- More info on this film at:
- Michigan Daily Review - https://www.michigandaily.com/section/arts/aaff-memories-disintegration-ibero-american-experimental-film
- Xavier Tavera
- Minnesota Original Xavier Tavera
We are back in the Casket!
Casket Arts Building
681 17th Avenue NE
Minneapolis, MN 55413