- Doors at 7:30pm
- Movie Starts at 8:00pm
- Cost: suggested donation of $5-$20 or what you will to pay the filmmakers, but nobody will be turned away!
- Please bring friends and BYOB. Admission is usually by donation unless noted.
Our film club journey’s next stop is Northern MN and, “First Daughter Black Snake”, made by local filmmaker Keri Pickett. Winner of “Best Feature” from the Portland EcoFilm Festival, this passionate film tells the story of native activist, vice-presidential candidate Winona LaDuke as she leads the fight against the Enbridge oil pipeline.
The film reveals LaDuke’s tenacity as she refuses to give up to the corporations as they send teams of lawyers, she suffers a injury horseback riding. The director blends this tenacity with an intimate camera. The film is shot up close and personal way. The camera welcomes us into Winona’s world, her home, family and and the reservation.
Special guests for this Casket will be the filmmaker, Keri Pickett. (https://www.keripickett.com/)
Please rsvp and get more info to get to this screening at the Casket Cinema Facebook page:
First Daughter Black Snake
Find us on Facebook at:
Casket Cinema on Facebook
- First Daughter and the Black Snake Website - https://www.blacksnakefilm.com
- Keri Pickett - https://www.keripickett.com/
- TPT Profile of Keri Pickett - https://www.tpt.org/mn-original/profile/keri-pickett/
- Movie Press reviews
We are back in the Casket!
Casket Arts Building
681 17th Avenue NE
Minneapolis, MN 55413